Finally, we have a publication, albeit a preprint. Link below – it is opensource, which the final version may not be.
Thanks again to Z, always first off the mark!
Having had a very quick skim read here are my initial thoughts:
- Nothing radically different from the presentation Parnia gave at AHA in November
- The visual “OBE” was not verified, and would be easy for skeptics to dismiss
- The auditory OBEs don’t sound convincing either
- It isn’t clear whether there is any correlation (or not) between EEG signals and recalled experiences…need to read this in detail
- A nod to the potential for better data from the COOL type study they are currently doing
I may have missed something epic, but I don’t think so. Full analysis of the details to follow below on Sunday as I am busy the rest of today. First impressions though are certainly not what we had been hoping for prior to November, but maybe what we have been expecting since then.
(FULL ANALYSIS IN NEXT POST)